1/12th Scale and Miniature Turning Blanks
About my turning blanks...
- If I wouldn't use them - you will not find them for sale here.
- Do not expect neat round blanks. You need to figure work holding for yourself. I mostly drill a hole in the top and use a home-made screw chuck, carefully turn off the base to enable tailstock support and then round the rest of the blank and form a holding spigot or the foot. Turn the outside, rechuck, hollow, rechuck, turn the foot (if required).
- Flat blanks can be sanded flat and hot or paper glued onto waste wood or pre-prepared spigots. Turn the top (or the base), part from spigot and reverse chuck to turn the other side/foot/base.
- If they require CA (or other) infill - this will be mentioned in the listing
- Please see the individual item listings for details.